The International Union of Food, Agricultural, Hotel, Restaurant, Catering, Tobacco and Allied Workers’ Associations (IUF) is an international federation of trade unions representing workers employed in
* agriculture and plantations
* the preparation and manufacture of food and beverages
* hotels, restaurants and catering services
* all stages of tobacco processing
The IUF is currently composed of 336 trade unions in 120 countries representing a combined representational membership of over 12 million workers (including a financial membership of 2.7 million). It is based in Geneva, Switzerland.
From its founding in 1920, international labour solidarity has been the IUF´s guiding principle. This principle is implemented through:
* building solidarity at every stage of the food chain
* international organizing within transnational companies (TNCs)
* global action to defend human, democratic, and trade union rights.